DR RALPH ARMSTRONG
RAFAEL (RALPH) BERNARD ARMSTRONG, M. D.
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – EDUCATION
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana; September 1957 – May 1959
- Northeast Louisiana University, Monroe, Louisiana; summer 1959
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Bachelor of Science Degree 9/1959 -5/1963
- Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana; 9/1963 – 5/1967 MD. Degree, May 29, 1967
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – POST GRADUATE TRAINING
- Internship (rotating) 1967-1968
- McLeod Infirmary, Florence, South Carolina
- Residency (Obstetric & Gynecology) 1971- 1975
- David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB, California
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – EXPERIENCE AND HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS
- Internship (rotating) 1967-68 McLeod Infirmary Florence, South Carolina
- Flight Surgeon, US. Air Force, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho; 1968-1971
- Residency (Obstetrics and Gynecology) 1971-1975 David Grant Medical Center, Travis Air Force Base, California
- Chief, OB/GYN Department, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana; 1975-1977. Full Clinical OB/GYN Privileges.
- Honorably discharged from USAF as Lt. Colonel in 1997
- Private Group Practice, Obstetrics-Gynecology, Monroe, Louisiana; 1977 To present
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Obstetrics-Gynecology, Monroe, LSU School Of Medicine in Shreveport, EA Conway Memorial Hospital, Monroe, Louisiana; 1979-1983
- Delegate to the Louisiana State Medical Society House of Delegates 1980-1984
- Chief of Staff, EA Conway Memorial Hospital, Monroe, Louisiana; 1981-1982. Department of OB/GYN, complete clinical privelages.
- Active Staff Northeast Louisiana Surgical Hospital, Monroe, Louisiana 1978-1982
- Chief, OB/GYN Department, St. Francis Medical Center, Monroe, Louisiana; 1983-1986
- Active Staff North Monroe Hospital, August 1, 1983 to present.
- Active staff, Physicians and Surgeons Surgical Center, Monroe, Louisiana; 1985-1990
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, North Monroe Hospital, Monroe, Louisiana; 1994
- Medical Executive Committee, North Monroe Hospital; Monroe, Louisiana; 1995
- Chairman Maternal/Child Committee, North Monroe Hospital, Monroe, Louisiana; 1995-1998
- Chief Department of Surgery, North Monroe Hospital, Monroe, Louisiana; 1998-1999
- Vice-Chief Maternal/Child Committee, North Monroe Hospital, Monroe, Louisiana; 1997-1998
- Chief Maternal/Child Committee, North Monroe Hospital, Monroe, Louisiana; 1998-1999
- Member of Credentials Committee, North Monroe Hospital, Monroe, Louisiana; 1997-2000
- Chief of Staff, North Monroe Hospital, Monroe, Louisiana; 2000-2001
- First Chief of Staff, Monroe Surgical Hospital 2002-2004
- Chairman, Vision Committee for the Ouachita Medical Society 2004
- Chairman, Marketing Committee for the Ouachita Medical society 2004
- Vice-President Ouachita Medical Society 2005
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – HOSPITAL AFFILIATION
Full clinical OB/GYN privileges Active Staff:
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – SOCIETIES AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopists
- American Fertility Society.
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- Ouachita Parish Medical Society
- American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Southern Medical Association
- American Medical Association
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – SPECIAL AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Eagle Scout 1954 with Bronze Palm 1955
- Silver Award 1956
- Ad Altare Dei 1954
- Order of the Arrow Vigil Member
- The Air Force Commendation Medal, for Bravery; 1970
- The Air Force Commendation Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster, for Meritorious Service; 1971
- Silver Beaver Award Boy Scouts of America; 1983
- Silver Antelope Award Boy Scouts of America; 1990
- BSA Wood Badge; 1990
- Nominated for Golden Rule Award
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – SCIENTIFIC PAPERS WRITTEN
- Management of The Second Twin: A Five Year Review of Cases at Travis Air Force Base; David Grant Medical Center, Travis Air Force Base, California.
- Ovarian Pregnancy: A Report of Three Cases and a Review.
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – LICENSURES
- Louisiana; Issued 6/10/67, License No. 10503, Registry No. EI0460 Examination
- California; Issued November 1973, License No. C36212, Registry No. 03620, Reciprocity
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – CERTIFICATIONS
- Diplomate, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, November 11, 1977.
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA ACTIVTIES
- Continuously registered in scouting from 1948 to the present
- Attended 1953 National Jamboree in Irvine, California
- Attended 1957 National Jamboree in Valley Forge, Pa.-Patrol Leader
- Attended 1957 World Jamboree in Sutton Coldfield, England-Patrol Leader
- Scout Master Troop 476 Florence, S.C. 1968
- Troop Committee Member
- COUNCIL EXECUTIVE BOARD – Vice-President of Exploring, Relationships, Properties; Health and Safety Chairman;
- Built Challenge Valley Obstacle Course at Camp T.L. James.
- Built Zip line over the lake at Camp TL James
- Built Tree House Village at Cub World
- Built Rainforest Pavilion at Cub World on Camp TL. James
- NATIONAL EXECUTIVE BOARD- Chairman Tiger Cub Study Committee; Webelos to Scout Transition Project Team; Long Range Planning Committee; Twice Chairman National Eagle Scout Association Scholarship for the South Central Region; Silver Antelope Selection Committee Team; Research Committee Chairman; Cub Scout Chairman, Southern Region; National Boy Scout Camp Inspection Team; Member of The South Central Region Executive Board and then the Southern Region Advisory Board since 1981.
- Attended 1981 National Jamboree as Sub camp staff physician, 1987 World Jamboree in Australia and 1991 World Jamboree in Korea as Staff Physician;
- Attended 1983 World Jamboree in Canada as Assistant Scout Master
- Organized and purchased Hot Air Balloons “TRUSTWORTHY”, “BRAVE”
- The Order of the Arrow Balloon, AND “LOYAL” the National Eagle Scout Association Balloon and piloted them to promote Scouting in Southern Region, nationally and internationally at the World Jamboree in Holland.
- TRUSTWORTHY flew at the 1985, 1989, and 1993 National Jamborees and The 1995 World Jamboree in Holland.
- BRAVE and LOYAL flew at the 1989, 1993, 1997, 2001 National Jamborees.
- President Ouachita Valley Council 2003-2004
- Chairman of the Merger Committee Ouachita Valley council/ Attakapas Council 2003
- President Louisiana Purchase Council Boy Scouts of America 2003-2005
- National Eagle Scout Association Scholarship selection Committee 2004
- Organized Campmaster program Louisiana Purchase Council 2004
- Chairman, Properties Committee 2005
- Acquired and established 40 acre Scout Ranch and Horsemanship Program at Louisiana Purchase Council Camp.
- Constructed Longhorn Care at Council Camp
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – CHURCH AFFILIATION
Offices held locally:
- 1980 President School Board Jesus the Good Shepherd Catholic School
- 1981 President Jesus the Good Shepherd School PTA
- 1996 Member of the new church building committee
- 2002 to present Member of Art Committee
- 2004 Inducted in the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcher of Jerusalem
DR RALPH ARMSTRONG – OTHER ORGANIZATIONS
- Past member of Rotary Club
- Member Monroe Chamber of Commerce 1990- Medical Committee
- Member Bayou DeSiard Country Club
- United Way Steamboat Club
- Eagle Club Boy Scouts of America
- Member Squire Creek Country Club
- American Orchid Society Northeast Louisiana Club Member
- Louisiana Gulf Coast Bamboo Society member
- James E. West Fellowship member
- Founders Circle member, Bronze level